Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Santorini ... heaven on Earth ...

One of the places we visited {many years ago} on our honeymoon was Santorini ... It was amazingly beautiful ... I found these images on Pinterest today and had to share ...  must get back there one day...

Happy Sunday.

we did lots of shopping ... i STILL have a gorgeous blue vase {ps that's not us in the picture|}

my husband was a bit horrified at their architecture but I was in love with it ... he's more a "straight lines" kind of man ...

spectacular streets

romance in every turn
we stayed on a part of Santorini called Imerovigili and our view was just like this !

yes, there really are doors that just lead to an open space ... which I loved and highly amused my husband ...
gorgeous bougainvillea everywhere - we grow this one here at Bow Park too !

more spectacular blue - we couldn't get over the gorgeous Mediterranean - yes, impressive for hubby too ...

just the kind of day you want to last forever ...

this, girls and boys is Oia - that's where everyone drives to for sunsets ... just spectacular

I'm a sun worshipper ... plenty of this happened ...
this is the typical mode of transport ... OMG ... no helmets and my husband soon discovered his ribs would hurt if he drove it over 50km per hour !!!  I was squeezing to make sure I didn't fall off the huge cliffs ... hilarious and nerve wracking in first few weeks of married life !


the blue and the white is just perfection ...

Yes, Santorini ... we loved you and will be back !
~  embrace life ~

images via Pinterest



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...