Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Altered Dutch Books Exhibition

Around Mid February this year, the lovely Sue Tilley - Owner of The Drill Hall Studio asked me if I'd like to participate in their 'Going Dutch' Book Exhibition.  Sounded interesting and the chance to be in any exhibition is pretty exciting, so it was a big YES from me..  {With only about 10 days before the start of the exhibition, the pressure was on!}.

 


My book was called De Bruid Schotland, {Scottish Bride} so I decided to go with the traditional  ... 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue theme - but in Dutch!

It was a great exercise in creativity and determination, but I got the book finished and posted to the exhibition only a couple of days after opening.  Sue had reassured me it would be ok to be late, but I think the urgency of making it in time for the opening was a huge factor in actually getting something done in my world which is mostly made up of house, office, garden and homeschool work!  Thank you for the push Sue! 










Some background ...
Sue had received a huge donation of Dutch books from a lady who had previously tried giving them to the local University, Charity Shop and a few other places who also didn't want them.  Their loss ...

The charter for all participating artists participating, was to choose a book, make sure the spine stayed intact and either create a work of art using the title as inspiration or just make it something Dutch!

The exhibition is no longer on show {and my apologies for not getting this blogpost done sooner, but life does seem to get in the way of my art more than I'd like ...} but here's all the truly amazing creations that I got to exhibit alongside.






























If you're interested in any of the books please contact me - deborah@rgkeats.com
Prices range from approx $40 AUD - $130 AUD



Photo credits:
Deborah Keats
Sue Tilley {The Drill Hall Instagram}



~ art is life ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...