Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vintage Typewriters

... so you all know about my stationery fetishes ... notebooks ... lovely papers ... folders ... pens - well basically,  stationery stores are right up there on my radar whenever I get the chance to go shopping ... and that's how it's always been.

Now, it also extends to typewriters.  Not sure why - maybe because the old ones are so super stylish, or nostalgic, or is it because I learned to type on a 'real typewriter' and it just brings back that feeling of wanting to hold on to the past?  Who knows ...

... anyway, I've found a whole lot of lovely old machines to share with you and also a wonderful tutorial on how to make jewellery or jewelry (depending on which side of the Pacific you're on) so you can keep some of that 'old worlde charm' with you all the time.

I've got a few keys in my studio which I'm planning to use in mixed media jewellery piece, (quite different to the tutorial shown here) so keep your eyes open in my Etsy store ... hoping to have it done by the end of next week!

In the meantime ... enjoy!









remember when the KEYS used to STICK !!! arrrrgh ....





... very cool styling tool these days ...

wow - almost MODERN !

click here for tutorial
 ~ tap tap tap  down memory lane ~


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...