Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Isle of Capri ... heaven on earth ...

~  just cruising around on Pinterest and saw an image of the Isle of Capri... sigh ...

Had a wonderful flashback to our honeymoon which was comprised of 3 weeks through parts of Turkey, Greece, Santorini, Rome, Venice and the Isle of Capri ...

We were both struck by the beauty of the place, the awesome scenery and that blue, blue mediterranean that goes forever.   No wonder the fabulous Jackie O spent so much time there.

A funny memory too ... as you can see how many steps were involved almost everywhere... my new husband was not so impressed with the SIZE of my suitcase, (and no lift in the hotel)   He forgave me ... of course... but I'm still not good at packing light.

Must get back there one day ...





wonderful memories
 

exquisite ...

beautiful scenery


the famous Blue Grotto ... stunning ... we were serenaded (as were ALL other boats) by our 'oarsman' singing Santa Maria !!!

... did I mention beautiful streets ???


Wow !!! I remember this beautiful hand railing!!!


gorgeous stalls


OMG ... this man made me a pair of sandals !!!



the famous drink Limoncello from Capri ...
 ~  yes Capri, we will return ~  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...