Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ thoughts of the day

~ general ramblings and ... my own creations. enjoy...

Friday, November 22, 2013

snowglobes ...

Snow Globes possibly fit in to the same category as Garden Gnomes ... you either love them or loathe them.  I remember the ones you could buy when I was a kid - for a while they were cool ... then I decided they were tacky ... but now I've seen some really cool ones ... hmmm ... well ... OLD might be NEW again !

Here are some I found on Pinterest  ... and who knows ... you might even do the DIY project and create some new Christmas decor for your home !!!    enjoy !


LOVE the lamp posts in here!

try the DIY !

awww ...

YEP ... they're the ones I remember !!!

my kids would like to make this one!!!  Super Mario!

HAVE to have a NYC snowglobe!

awesome idea !!! NYC Taxi Cab

more tacky loveliness !!!


ahhh .. Paris ...

wow ... super cute ... keep away from little hands !!!
 ~  get creative ~

3 comments:

miss b said...

You have found such a cute selection. They instantly take me back to my childhood. The Christmas tree ones are so pretty too.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk

Kristie Franklin said...

Hi Deborah,

I just received my order and wanted to thank you for the extra cards...they are all adorable and I plan to attach them to Christmas gifts. I also love the tickets...what a great idea!

I love snow globes. I believe I had one once as a child, a small one. I did purchase an oversized one from Christopher Radco that had a Christmas scene inside
, a rocking horse that actually was rocking, snow falling, a light inside and other mechanical things going on. My grandkids loved it and it also played music. I can't remember how many times I had to rewind it for them. I just recently gave it to my daughter to save for her kids. For some reason the kids were mesmerized by it. LOL (A good way to keep them busy!)

dkshopgirl said...

Wonderful Kris ! So glad you got them ... wow - that sounds like an amazing snow globe!

Mine were never that spectacular, but just watching the snow fall used to stop me in my tracks...

Have fun wrapping your presents! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...