Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sweet Valentine

~  it's here ... V Day ... how did you go ?  Roses ... chocolates ... or nothing ?


Does it really matter if you don't get something on Valentines Day?


When I was younger it most certainly did ... especially if everyone else in the office was receiving bouquets, so I can sympathize with all those girls hoping for flowers!!!  {been there girls and had plenty of years of the big ZERO}



Now that I'm married, I know it's not the end of the world if I don't 'clean up'  - but isn't it awful the way society has commercialized the day so much that people do get really upset if they don't get anything OR on the flip-side go and spend a fortune 'proving' their love to someone that they could really do any other day of the year ??? ...   


It's an interesting marketing ploy.  So if you did receive today - lovely and enjoy it ... if you didn't - don't stress ...  If you have your health you have everything and hey - you can always get flowers {or something pretty} on Pinterest!

Here's some of my faves ...
 







... OMG - even one for the meat lovers !!!



berry nice ...


... ps... amazingly ... my hubby remembered this year and even though they are actually 'weeds' from the bore drain - they were a lovely surprise.


~  enjoy the day whatever happens  ~
 images via here


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...