Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ thoughts of the day

~ general ramblings and ... my own creations. enjoy...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Typewriter Keys meet my mosaic pendants

... I've LOVED vintage typewriter keys for AGES !!!  Today I finished grouting 6 new pendants which incorporated the Vintage Keys and am really happy with the results ... can't wait for some more to arrive so I can expand the collection !








~  find them in my Etsy store !  ~


5 comments:

Linda said...

Love what you are doing with the vintage typewriter keys... fabulous!

Linda said...

I love what you are doing with the vintage typewriter keys.... the pendants look fabulous!

dkshopgirl said...

thanks Linda! It was heaps of fun and I have more coming! Have always loved Vintage Typewriters...
x

Kristie Franklin said...

The typewriter key pendants are really pretty, Deborah. Pretty creative touch you have every reason to be excited about them.

I didn't know you used to be a Flight Attendant? That must have been a very exciting job. I remember thinking when I was in my late teens I wanted to be one too. But back then the requirements were pretty strict i.e. a certain height (I was too short) and weight which I think I could have passed but the height thing wasn't going to work, at least for me. LOL

dkshopgirl said...

Hi Kris - thanks ! I"m can't wait to get more keys and make more of these!
Ha ha ... I"m short too BUT the airline I worked for wanted short girls because we were mostly on a Brasilia EMB30 (I think from memory) - small aircraft doing short runs... Townsville - Cairns - Townsville to Brisbane (with stops inbetween every hour) - Townsville to Mt Isa with stops etc... So being short helped me!

It was a fun time in my life and I feel lucky to have worked there. Things are pretty different now!

Hope you're having a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...