Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Friday, September 30, 2011

dear photograph

I recently stumbled upon this amazing website.

Dear Photograph is the brainchild of 22 yr old Canadian, Taylor Jones.

Here's how it started.

Jones found a picture of his brother, taken in the same kitchen years earlier, sitting in the same spot he was now. Jones, meanwhile, was seated in the same position as his mother had been when she took the picture. He held up the old print, aligned it visually with its real-life background, and shot a new image of it.
When Jones posted the picture online, it quickly became Dear Photograph, a website where people can share a new photo of an old photo, with a brief message addressed to the original image, or more accurately, to the past itself.

text courtesy of:
 http://www.communitech.ca/dear-photograph-on-the-verge-of-a-great-unknown/


I just chose some of my favourites on the Dear Photograph website and hope you enjoy them.  You can submit photos to his website, but they can't guarantee it will be posted.

I think it would be a fun project to do yourself and a lovely way to bring old memories to life.

Have fun.



Dear Photograph, Our wedding was our sweetest day, just like Grandma's chocolate.  Onno




Dear Photograph, That swing always brought a smile to my face.  Anonymous



Dear Photograph, I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't have the sounds of music in my life. Rachelle



Dear Photograph, Letting go of my mother's hand the first day of school was always the hardest. Liz.




Dear Photograph, Over 25 years later, the house is still blue and my mother is still looking over me.  Alexandra



Dear Photograph, If I could turn the corner in 1942 and walk right into my mother, I'd ask her "May I walk beside you one more time?".   Love Your Daughter.





Dear Photograph, Me and my first bike.  The one I have now goes a bit faster.  @bizaaron




~  find something beautiful every day~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...