Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ thoughts of the day

~ general ramblings and ... my own creations. enjoy...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Disneyland Comics

this post is insipred by another post I read recently ... Danielle Cresp did a fabulous post on a vintage Disneyland puzzle.

it reminded me about my beloved 'Disneyland Comics' i used to read when i was a kid.  every week mum would buy me the latest comic and i would pour over the pages looking at all the pictures and activities.  mum would usually read me a comic at night and i would read some of it myself during the week as well...

i saved them for YEARS in the top cupboard of my bedroom and wanted to have them forever... years passed and then i left home, moved around and eventually thought i should get all my 'things' together.  suddenly, no-one could find the Disneyland Comics !!! noooooo ... disaster...  there was almost 300 of them and so had either been dumped, given away or burnt...

ebay to the rescue... i started buying a few at a time and then ... JACKPOT ... a man in the UK was selling 200 odd comics for one pound!  the cost of postage getting them here was the big expense, but now that i have the entire set again... it's completely worth it.

do you have any wonderful treasures that hold lovely memories for you???

Peter Pan was my all-time favourite...

... pretty as a picture ...

... I used to dream about having a dress like Cinders...

... and spent a lot of time doing drawings of Donald, Daisy and the cute Huey, Louie and Dewey ...

only about 1/3 of my complete set... impressive hmmm??? 

~  vintage memories ~



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great story. I too have my Disneyland collection, I've only got about 70 of them though. I was thinking of selling them on ebay, but like you said you got the entire collection for £1 it's really hardly worth it.

Did you not get the 'binders' that were available?

I've been dragging these comics with me every time I've moved in the hope that one day they'll be worth a fortune only to discover that after 40 years they're probably only worth about 50p.

Never mind, still they bring back memories.

All the best.
Simon

dkshopgirl said...

Hi Simon - thanks for your lovely story! No, I don't remember binders! Mum must have made an executive decision on that one! Maybe they will be worth a fortune one day ... so keep dragging them around with you... someone will LOVE them x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...