Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Disneyland Comics

this post is insipred by another post I read recently ... Danielle Cresp did a fabulous post on a vintage Disneyland puzzle.

it reminded me about my beloved 'Disneyland Comics' i used to read when i was a kid.  every week mum would buy me the latest comic and i would pour over the pages looking at all the pictures and activities.  mum would usually read me a comic at night and i would read some of it myself during the week as well...

i saved them for YEARS in the top cupboard of my bedroom and wanted to have them forever... years passed and then i left home, moved around and eventually thought i should get all my 'things' together.  suddenly, no-one could find the Disneyland Comics !!! noooooo ... disaster...  there was almost 300 of them and so had either been dumped, given away or burnt...

ebay to the rescue... i started buying a few at a time and then ... JACKPOT ... a man in the UK was selling 200 odd comics for one pound!  the cost of postage getting them here was the big expense, but now that i have the entire set again... it's completely worth it.

do you have any wonderful treasures that hold lovely memories for you???

Peter Pan was my all-time favourite...

... pretty as a picture ...

... I used to dream about having a dress like Cinders...

... and spent a lot of time doing drawings of Donald, Daisy and the cute Huey, Louie and Dewey ...

only about 1/3 of my complete set... impressive hmmm??? 

~  vintage memories ~



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...