Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ thoughts of the day

~ general ramblings and ... my own creations. enjoy...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

library and bookstore fetish ...

i have always had a thing for ... libraries and bookstores ...

me too ...

... yep ... just about sums it up ...

... very easy to lose track of time ...

... just LOVE these old filing systems ...

... and then there are the wonderful  ~ books ...

... books ...

... and more books ...


... the king of the Libraries... The Long Room - Trinity College - Dublin ...

... I literally got tingles when I visited The Long Room - it was fabulous ...
... Rizzoli Bookstore in New York, was equally thrilling to be in ...

 
 

... hope to visit this bookstore one day ...
  



... and yes, you guessed it... I considered becoming a Librarian at one stage...
... i love the 'librarian style' ... hmmm ... maybe one day it could be a new career choice?

~  read more books  ~

3 comments:

Kris said...

Hello Deborah,

My name is Kris and I just found your blog via Etsy. I recently added an item of yours to a Treasury I made and I wanted to stop by and pay you a visit. I also have an Etsy shop, La petite boutique de perles where I sell handmade tea towels, napkins, table runners and a vast array of other items all made in the French farmhouse, and shabby chic farmhouse style.

You really have a lovely blog and I enjoyed your recent post on libraries. I read a lot and books especially old books are my most favorite thing. I will be adding you to my blog roll and have just started following you. If you have an opportunity, I would love for you to stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway.

And thank you for adding me to your circle on Etsy...I have added you as well.

miss b said...

Book shops are so relaxing - I know what you mean - so easy to lose track of time! I love those covers of the old books.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous photos Deborah! I love books and libraries. I was a librarian at school, I worked in an Independent Bookshop for 7 years, it was in an old Georgian House. I also worked in a libray :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...