Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ thoughts of the day

~ general ramblings and ... my own creations. enjoy...

Friday, August 3, 2012

Jennifer Collier - paper artist

I am a paper goods freak ... if i see a stationery catalogue i get excited... sad hmmm?

Last night I had a mouth dropping moment, when I discovered Jennifer Collier's work via Pinterest...

I won't rave on too much - her amazingly fabulous work speaks for itself - i LOVE it!  Here's a quote from her website...

"My practice focuses on creating work from paper; by bonding, waxing, trapping and stitching I produce unusual paper ‘fabrics’, which are used to explore the ‘remaking’ of household objects. The papers are treated as if cloth, with the main technique employed being stitch; a contemporary twist on traditional textiles. The papers themselves serve as both the inspiration and the media for my work, with the narrative of the books and papers suggesting the forms. I tend to find items then investigate a way in which they can be reused and transformed; giving new life to things that would otherwise go unloved or be thrown away."

how wonderful ...










  

~ paper love ~


4 comments:

Kris said...

That is amazing! I love the camera and those hanging lamps! She is really good. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

That is so cool. She is very talented. I especially like the cameras because I love Photography. Thanks for sharing these.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

EarthAppleJane said...

Where do amazing people like this get their ideas from?! Most impressed, mind you Deb, you do some pretty special stuff too...

Naturally Carol said...

How amazing..I especially love the second dress with the postage wrapping..gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...