Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spotlight this month ... Sally Anna Scarves

I've convo'd with so many fabulous people through Etsy, Madeit, Facebook and Twitter, that I decided I'd like to add a feature each month to my blog showcasing all the wonderful talent that's out there. (You'll notice one of her scarves and a link to her store if you scroll down the pictures in the right hand column)


If you haven't already discovered the person I'm featuring, then I've done my job by introducing someone talented to your life...   


My first feature is the lovely Anna from ~ Sally Anna Scarves  ~ and this is her story ...




I have had a passion for knitting as long as I can remember. I started with finger knitting, progressed to French knitting and then my mother suggested we make a sweater together. I knitted one sleeve and she knitted the rest! It was the beginning of a lasting love affair with textiles and in particular, yarns and I am ever grateful to Mum for teaching me those first basic skills.




 

 


I have always designed, made and sold items even whilst travelling the world and living out of a backpack for over 10 years. These items include scarves, sweaters, shawls, bags, hats, gloves and cheesecakes! I was also a self taught milliner for 10 years selling to department stores and hatters in Perth.
  
  



I knit constantly, all year round using a wide variety of quality yarns. The yarns are always the inspiration for the design of the accessory and all are original and unique. I particularly like the versatility of scarves and shawls and the touch of colour and style they add to an outfit.
 




 
You can find Sally Anna's wonderful designs and creations here :  Sally Anna Scarves


  

 ~  and connect with her on facebook - Sally Anna Scarves



All images shown are available in Sally Anna's online Etsy store, EXCEPT for the first image - this adorable creation is sold, but I just HAD to include it...



~  find someone talented every day  ~




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...