Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, September 8, 2013

what a weekend

O my goodness ...

Put your hand up if you have EVER experienced frustration of the "technical difficulties" variety ...  There I was ... happily bobbing along on Friday afternoon ... finished homeschooling at lunchtime ... I was getting some  officework finished ...   looking forward to a fabbie weekend and then BAM ... that awful message - "you are not connected to the internet"   "nooooooo

.... the calm before the storm ...

As you know we live FAR FAR AWAY from ANY type of technical support, town and civilization in general...  cattle properties tend to be like that out here.

... like I said ... far far away ...

So, guess who had to spend most of Saturday firstly finding the problem and then fixing it? ...  it would appear that a teeny tiny port in my hard drive was causing the problem.  groan ...  I've somehow managed to install an 'emergency' old hard drive which I'm only HOPING will get me through this week checking emails and getting any kind of office work done I need!


... it took a while ...  believe me ...

Of course don't forget when you instal a new hard drive you then have to re-install your printer ... picasa (or whatever photo programme you use) as well as a myriad of other software so you can make things happen.  Oh, did I forget to mention that the monitor will probably need adjusting too ???? eek !!!

Well, they tell me this is very 'character building' ... but no thanks... send me a technician any day of the week and twice on Sundays ...



I guess I should be grateful that things are working now and although my monitor still looks a little weird to me, it's 'do-able' until my old hard drive can be fixed and returned...  what a celebration that will be.



In the meantime, I'll probably do a bit less on here, facebook and pinterest but possibly more in the studio which is a good thing.  I found an old chair today and have decided to put it on the project list for a 'mosaic seat' ... can't wait, I think it will look fantastic.  (and hopefully a little like this one below!)



To all the rest of you who have perfectly functioning  hardware/software ... {I'm jealous} but have  a good week anyway ...
xx



~ character building ... ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...