Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The wonderful work of June ...

Today I want to introduce you to the lovely work of June from Nancy Jeannie Handmade on Facebook.  June shares a love for sewing and all things vintage.

I hope you have a coffee so you can sit down and enjoy June's Story ...


My daughter and I wanted to do something to showcase our passion for sewing, so we ventured into the online world and started our facebook page in February 2012.




I have been sewing nearly all my life starting as a small child on my grandmother's knee with the old treadle sewing machine hemming hankies.

Nancy Jeannie is part of Mum's name, hence the name of our facebook site.  She did a lot of patching and re-used fabric from some of her clothes.  Once she made me a costume from part of her wedding dress.  I LOVED it !


handbag and fascinator for the races




blue clutch


Making handbags if my first love and making clothes for my daughter Vanessa and 6 grand children brings me great joy.  I'm inspired by colours in nature and love birds.  We are very fortunate to live in a place where we have an abundance of both.

floral tote


June makes gorgeous coin purses

I have met many wonderful artisans since joining facebook and they continue to inspire me.


inside June's Studio

LOVE the say June uses vintage patterns and fabrics

Winnie the model ...


I think this one is sold ...



gorgeous kids clothing
custom listings are available


find June on Facebook

~  inspiration for Sunday  ~







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...