Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Monday, September 5, 2011

Grace Coddington - Anna Wintour - Inspirational Women

Initially I wanted to tape the ABC documentary of "The September Issue" because I was curious about Anna Wintour - the Editor in Chief of Vogue Magazine.  Ms Wintour is an institution in the fashion world known for her pageboy bob and dark sunglasses.  She has a keen eye for fashion trends and supportive of younger designers and widely believed to be the inspiration behind one of my favourite movies... "The Devil Wears Prada".

After watching it last night, I'm still in awe of Ms Wintour, but also discovered the genius of Grace Coddington - the Creative Director of the magazine who is in charge of the majority of the photo shoots.

I think it was fabulous watching for anyone interested in the inside story on how these magazines are run.  I mean what girl DOESN'T love fashion and the opportunity to peek inside someone else's wardrobe????  (or in this case Vogue Magazine's SPECTACULAR wardrobes and 'going's on!!)

Whether you think fashion is great or goofy, it's a multi million dollar business and these women are well and truly the Queens of the Castle...  The film highlighted the often-tense relationship between Wintour and Coddington, although at the end of the day it's obvious they also hold a great respect for each other.

I've got "The September Issue" on tape and will be keeping it for a 'treat' to watch over and over again!  (when time permits...)

 






Anna Wintour's first ever Vogue Cover



The Fabulous Ms Anna Wintour - Fashion Icon



Gorgeous young Grace Coddington


Hugely talented - Ms Grace Coddington



Just one of many photo shoots styled by Grace Coddington - wow  - Love it!



~  find something inspirational every day  ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...