Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A thing for ... gates...

I wonder what it is that makes us interested in something?   For some unknown reason, gates are just one thing I've always been partial to.     Yep... gates.  Mostly intricate gates with lovely swirls, filigree and anything unusual.

I remember the gate we had where I grew up.  It had lovely, swirly ironwork at the top and a little mechanism, which you pushed first, then pushed on the gate to get in.  I thought this was a fairly simple feature, but for some reason it used to confuse most visitors and they would take forever to work it out.

Finally after getting inside, they would bend over to pick up a shiny 2c coin (showing my age now) which my brother had glued to our front path.  A bit of harmless fun which my siblings and I always got a chuckle out of ...  small things ...

Anyway, I've been looking around and found some gates that I like. 

Personally I think it's healthy to be obsessed about something - it gives you passion in life and keeps you interesting.

Anyone for gates?  If not ... tell me what you 'have a thing for'...  I'd love to know :-)







 
 







 
 















 




 









 

 





 





... find something beautiful every day ...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...